Sunday, September 11, 2011

Hollywood Forever

Last night I enjoyed a Los Angeles summer tradition, an outdoor movie at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery.

Moon rise over the mausoleum

Cinespia has been screening movies on the wall of the mausoleum on summer Saturday nights for 10 years, but this was the first time I've gone.

IMG_1595

Gina and I became friends through our Sign Language studies. Then we were roommates for about a year before I married Josh. Those were good times! We get together too infrequently these days. When I texted her on Friday to find out her weekend plans, we quickly agreed on a picnic and movie under the moon.

James Dean

Rebel Without a Cause: another first for me. I liked it a lot, though Gina found it pretty hokey. Regardless of the quality of the movie, it was a fun night out. Cemetery Screenings aren't really about the movie, they're about the experience. So I might even go back in two weeks to see E.T. :-)

No comments: