Thursday, June 01, 2006

June 1


Andrew is the first realistic doll I ever made, and he is still my favourite. When making him I learned that if a doll has correct human proportions (which he actually has, despite his short-legged appearance here), it will stand unaided. Andrew's pretty cool (and handsome!) His head swivels, and he's even wearing underwear. What's not to love? For a while I tried making a girlfriend for him, but in the end had to admit that I didn't want him to have a girlfriend. I wanted him to be all mine.

For other blind contours on the theme of "My Favourite", see the links at Inkfinger.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's wonderful. I like the wiggly lines on his legs, too.

Anonymous said...

hahah! love it. he really is great. that face and the body are so well drawn. =)

seeks said...

well done! and what a cool subject for lines and character!

Alison said...

Yes, I think the blind contour style really suits him - wonderful

Patty said...

hi
his fingers so so full of movement, well done!