Sunday, August 10, 2008

August 10

One of my friends is getting married in a few weeks, and I was at a loss for what to make her as a gift. While I know the bride pretty well, I have never really got a handle on her taste, which always seemed pretty random to me. And I've only met the groom once, so that was no help. I looked at their registries for inspiration, thinking I might do what I've done before, and make placemats to go with their chosen dinnerware. Hmmm. Plain white dinnerware. Great. So I looked at their bed linen, and saw they had chosen greys with a very simple floral motif. That was the hook I needed, and the above placemats were born.

I hope they like them!

2 comments:

nettie said...

Is this a programmed design from the machine? Or freehand? Next weekend is my getting-to-know-you weekend with my much ignored machine.

Hashi said...

It's freehand. I drew it with a disappearing pen, then sewed over each line twice. Easy peasy!