Friday, February 10, 2006

Feb 10


OK, I think I'm ready to move on from these large crayon faces. But I'm going to keep playing with these cool backgrounds -- I love 'em! Some people have asked about my technique. I mix a tiny amount of Golden acrylic paint (liquid or tube) with a little blob of acrylic medium, slap it on the page, and scrape it thin with the side of a credit card. A little goes a long way! And you get all these cool transparent overlays, even if the original paint is opaque.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your process. I have been looking at your images every day. I like that you used crayon and how playful they are. They are inviting me to play more. I did a series of paintings using a small ruler and they turned out to be big surprises.

Unknown said...

Yes, it was interesting to hear how you apply the paint. Do you always paint the background and draw on the page on the same day, or do you paint a whole bunch of backgrounds ahead of time? Just curious.