Tuesday, April 25, 2006

April 25


This afternoon I read this post from Julie Oakley, and got fired up with enthusiasm for her idea for combining art, blogging, and exercise. I immediately put on my walking shoes and hoofed it (1.4 miles) to my nearest fabric store. I've been thinking about making a new shoulder bag for the summer. I haven't been in a fabric shop for quite a while, and I was irrestistibly drawn to the batiks and tie-dyes. Knowing I had a LOT of fabric dyes at home, I bought some white cotton with a concentric-circle weave, and walked back home, ready to don rubber gloves.

All this has nothing to do with the picture above, which is of a curled up leaf I found in my backyard.

2 comments:

Julie Oakley said...

I'm so pleased you liked the idea. However looking at your photo, I can see you don't have the desperate need to exercise that I have! Lovely little curled up leaf by the way.

Linda said...

:-) Great drawing!