Sunday, April 06, 2008

April 6

It's a bit of a birthday tradition for me, to go out to the desert to see the wildflowers. When Rhea was here, I'd pull her out of school for the day, and I'd take a sickie from work, and we'd drive out to Lancaster to the Poppy Reserve just to glory in all that neon orange. The last few years have been woeful for wildflowers -- last year the Reserve recorded 58 poppy flowers! -- but this year's a doozy thanks to the winter rains.



I'm a woman of simple desires. All I wanted for my birthday was a bookshelf, and to visit the wildflowers. Today I got half of that :-)

7 comments:

Julie Oakley said...

That is so gorgeous Hashi. The bluebells are just starting here. I hope you get your bookshelf.

nettie said...

Happy birthday, my favourite sister. I'm glad you celebrated in such a lovely way (with such a lovely man!).

Unknown said...

What a wonderful way to spend your birthday! hope the rest of it was happy, too!

Anonymous said...

Oh mum! What great pics. I love the one of you and Josh. It's like you are looking out over a promising new year.
And the close up is wonderful!
I love you so much mum.

Ro Bruhn said...

What fabulous photos Hashi. The colours of the flowers are a knock out.

Anonymous said...

I'll never forget that day mum. I was so so unhappy and the fact that we ignored the world and did what WE wanted made everything so much better.

I know that you had t deal with the worst of my teenage years but I thank you so SO much for everything you did for me, esp sharing days like that. It'll always be one of my favourite memories.

I can't wait till you're back is Aus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ArtPropelled said...

Absolutely stunning! Can't believe those are poppies.