Sunday, September 28, 2008

September 28

Do you know what this is? No, it's not a $300 Le Creuset Dutch oven. It's a $60 knock off. I have been craving one of these cast iron, enamel coated beauties forever, and even more so since reading this recipe. But there was no way I was going to spend several hundred dollars on a pot. Especially one made of such cheap materials. Cast iron cookware is inexpensive. Likewise enamel coated camping goods. So why should it cost the earth to put the two materials together?

I haunted the thrift stores, hoping to snag one second hand ... and then someone last week mentioned that they could be obtained for about $85 at Marshalls. I don't have a Marshalls near me, but I do have a Home Goods, which is part of the same group of companies. So I popped in there yesterday and found, yep, not the expensive French brand, but something just as sturdy for a fraction of the price. Yippee!!

Before bed tonight I'm mixing up the dough for the bread. Stay tuned.

No comments: