Friday, October 06, 2006

October 6


It's Blind Contour First Friday, and this month's theme is "SPOOKY".

As a non-American, I find Halloween to be pretty bizarre. I mean, you spend all year telling your children there's no such thing as monsters, and that they should never accept food or gifts from a stranger, then on this one night you deliberately scare them and send them off to ask strangers for candy. Makes no sense to me.

But anyway, I was going to get down the freaky alien fetus that is stored in our Halloween box in the garage, but I was too lazy to haul out a ladder and move a bunch of boxes. So I found this pretty scary mask to draw instead. Wouldn't want to meet him in a dark alley, that's for sure. Unfortunately, my rendition is more innocuous than the original.

3 comments:

clearart said...

Thank you for the comment.
I saw your Brog.
It is wonderful.
I love your works.
Please my best regards.
kuriyama

Jana Bouc said...

Fun and spooky! I like the spatters. Did you color it digitally?

Anonymous said...

This is MOST definitely spooky! forget the "alien fetus" (btw..why do you have that?). Halloween is a very bizarre holiday...i think it just comes from that natural love people have for getting scared. As long as its not for real. In many towns kids can't go trick or treating because of the whole "strangers with candy" thing. Instead they have a parade and everyone in the town goes to a town hall and fills up on candy there... yeah, weirdo Americans!