Sunday, February 22, 2009

February 22

I very rarely go to the mall. Maybe once a year, if I have to go to the Apple store or something. Yesterday I decided I really DID need a very thin metal spatula, and the supermarkets just weren't yielding one despite me optimistically looking for months, so it was time to bite the bullet and go to Williams Sonoma at the mall. Grumbling to myself about it, I parked, traipsed in, and .... discovered that the shop was now a martial arts studio. No Williams Sonoma. I guess that's what happens if you don't go to the mall very often. Things change and you don't know about it.

Stymied and a bit pissed off, I suddenly remembered something. Lurking in my wallet were a couple of Barnes and Noble gift cards. Another thing I very rarely do is buy myself things. But maybe I could turn this trip around.

Regina Spektor is an artist I've recently discovered thanks to Pandora. And the book ... well ... it looks gorgeous. At $35, I would never have bought it without a gift card. So, no spatula, but two presents for myself anyway. I came home pretty pleased after all.

Background fabric is "Orchard" by Pippijoe, a Christmas gift from my lovely sister.

1 comment:

Jools said...

Hi Hashi, I received that CD as a Christmas gift from one of my coaching clients! I played it so much over the holidays :) Enjoy!
xJulia.