Monday, April 20, 2009

April 20

Sometimes (when she's Miss Independent) Lauren wants to pack her own lunch, and sometimes (when she's feeling needy) she asks me to do it for her. Tonight she asked me to do something much more difficult. She asked me to write a letter to her mother explaining why she doesn't want to spend time with her for a while. After that task, the lunch request was insignificant. So much so, that I was inspired to whip her up a new lunch bag to contain it.

This fabric, is, I think, PUL. I've never actually seen PUL, and the girl at Michael Levine's didn't know what it was called. But it's plastic coated fabric, with a fairly soft hand. And with sock monkeys, who also, coincidentally, have fairly soft hands.

I hope the lunch is extra-well-received. From my loving hands to her little, needy ones.

1 comment:

Julie Oakley said...

Oh dear an unenviably delicate task to handle – seems very much like a lunch-making day. My lot have to eat what the school has on offer.