Saturday, June 27, 2009

June 27

My Saturdays are usually spent doing HSL (housework/shopping/laundry). Today, I blew it all off, and decided to take Lauren (who has been away for a week with grandmothers -- I misssed her!) and go check out the Palos Verdes Peninsula instead. I had vague thoughts of whale watching and maybe a short hike; but mostly just escaping to a cooler clime and hanging out with my girl.

First stop was lunch in a cute little garden café.
While waiting for the food, Lauren wandered off to photograph this fountain. On downloading the photos just now, I was bemused by the women -- I've seen water pouring from stone mouths and penises before, but never from nipples!

We sauntered along the bluff for a mile or two. We've missed the grey whale migration -- again! How come I've lived here for 12 years and never got it together to see a whale? Next year, next year.

Then it was a crawl back up the 405 to the west San Fernando Valley, watching the car's thermometer steadily rise from 72° to 102°. Ah, the joys of living in the hottest part of the city. Remind me again, why am I here?

1 comment:

deb did it said...

oh my, I won't see temps down in the 70's until November, if we are lucky! 107 here yesterday, all dang day.your drive was lovely...thanks for the tour!