Tuesday, October 13, 2009

October 13

Inspired by Sew Mama Sew's Scrap Buster Month, I've been digging into my crate of scraps and stitching some Christmas gifts. Usually I spend all year making gifts, but for 2009 my focus was FEED. With a job that keeps me away from home for 12 hours a day, and a full day out of every weekend spent cooking and entertaining, my time and energy for crafting has shrunk. Thus the dearth of Hashi-made gifts accumulating in the bedroom trunk.

Of course I still love to give handmade, so in past weeks I've been trolling etsy with my loved ones in mind. But Sew Mama Sew called to me with their October theme, and of late evenings have found me, after the next night's dinner is cooked and the kitchen is cleaned, at the sewing machine.

Exhibit A: a child's scarf, lined with slinky soft minky, and trimmed with vintage pom poms.

1 comment:

nettie said...

I love to see you crafting! And I loooove those vintage pompoms!