Sunday, February 07, 2010

New Stove

Last weekend I emailed our lovely landlords, saying: "Something is wrong with our oven. It's always taken a long time to pre-heat, but now it's getting ridunkulous ... just now it took an hour to reach 325°. It's become impractical to use it unless I have a lot of time. Could you possibly get someone to look at it?" No problem, they said ... we'll replace it. And while we're at it, would you like one with two ovens?

Are you kidding me? The ability to roast vegetables and bake a pie simultaneously? Um .. yes please! Yesterday it arrived, and to celebrate I made *perfect* pizza in an oven that heated to 550°F in only 15 minutes.

:::happy dance:::

5 comments:

Rhea said...

ooooooo Pretty!!!! I wanna come cook in it now!!!! Speaking of which, are you still looking into me getting a greencard?

Michelle said...

I'm glad I'm not the only person who uses a version of the word ridiculous! (I say ridonkulous)

Pretty new oven! I am jealous of your lovely high temps! Mine complains at being pumped up to just 220 celsius.

nettie said...

Very jealous. I still have one whose door doesn't close properly.

deb did it said...

jealous. But doing the happy dance for you.....love, love this!!! Roasted veggies and pie all at the same time??? Hell yea!!

Wendee said...

Oh, how great is that?!? :)