I finally made a bag from the mudcloth I bought a few months ago. It's lined with a wonderful print that my lovely neighbours brought back from Zimbabwe.
One of the things that's delayed me has been my search for the right handles. Last week I bought a set at Joann that I thought would be good, but when I went to attach them last night, I realized they were wrong, wrong, wrong. So this morning I set out to do the rounds of the local thrift stores, determined to find something that would complement the fabric better. I ended up with these black wooden arches, and I'm pretty happy with the end result.