Sunday, July 24, 2011

Man bag

Hand made gifts for guys? Not so easy, as most of us know.

So when my son put out the call for a man bag to hold his iPad, I was pretty delighted. I was even more pleased when I came across a discarded pair of cargo pants with a pocket just the right size.

Man bag
Man bag
For the lining, I used the reverse side of a thrifted sheet. The polka dots were a bit too prominent on the 'right' side to be manly.
Man bag
Man bag
Not having the actual man handy to measure, I opted to make the strap adjustable. I could have used fabric, but I liked the heft and softness of this thrifted cotton webbing belt.
Man bag
So the loose end wouldn't flop about, I fashioned a little holder out of embroidery cotton to hold it snug, while still allowing it to slide.

I hope he likes it! I'll be delivering it in person in a couple of weeks.

1 comment:

deb did it said...

I love this so much...been wanting to make one for my son too!