Sunday, August 12, 2007

August 12

Today I took Lauren and a friend to the Autry Museum of the American West. This place has been on my list to visit for ... oh ... ten years. It's pretty cool, even if you're not into cowboy culture (which I'm not). I sketched these boots while the girls "rode" on a stationary saddle in front of a blue screen and watched themselves placed into a western movie chase scene. They thought it heaps of fun, and each took four turns.

When Lauren was on the phone last night inviting her friend to accompany us on this outing, she had to do some convincing. "Oh, yes, you will enjoy it," I overheard her saying. "Hashi often takes me to things like this. It may not sound like fun, but believe me, you'll have a good time. Ayla came with us to the Getty Villa, and she wasn't sure she wanted to go, but she ended up having a great time. I can promise you, you'll be glad you came."

Wow. Warmed the cockles of my heart, it did.

1 comment:

Penny said...

great to be appreciated. Now who was tom mcCoy. I suppose I should know but my brain is mush today.