Saturday, May 19, 2007

May 18


Last day in New York. Despite cloudiness, we had pretty good visibility from the top of the Empire State Building. We filled our last three hours in the Big Apple wandering around Chelsea looking for Paper Presentation ("I'm SURE it's on the next block. Hmmm .... maybe it's up here ....") which we finally found right where I last left it, on 18th St. We've decided that Sister is going to open a yarn store/tea house with gallery space for my artwork, and I'll open a fabulous paper/stationery/art supply shop next door. Ah, retirement dreams ....
While eating lunch I drew the view from the window, which was half-blocked by a large truck after I started the sketch. Then it was off to JFK with a crazy taxi driver who drove like a maniac and spent the whole trip on his cell phone conducting a very loud, seemingly one-sided conversation in Spanish, interspersed with animal noises and hyena laughter.
Our flight was delayed by several hours so it was with relief that we fell into bed in Los Angeles shortly after midnight. This trip to New York was everything we wanted it to be. You can see all the photos here.

No comments: