Thursday, May 31, 2007

May 31

I had a visit to the ophthalmologist today. This delightful old lady was grumbling away in the waiting room. Can you imagine being old enough to have a 70 year old child? She has one. Wow.

After waiting 75 minutes past my appointment time, I was ushered into the doctor's room where I had another wait -- long enough to draw this, plus some. Now, three hours later, my eyes are just getting back to normal after the dilating drops. Things are still pretty blurry but at least I can see my typing with my glasses on.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, she is precious, Hashi. And you caught her spirit and woeful feelings.
Annie

Julie Oakley said...

Lovely drawings. How could you face drawing such a technical gizmo? I've found that now that I carry a sketchbook most of the time waiting is so much easier to bear.

Penny said...

Well my mother is nearly 95 and she has an over 70 year old daughter (not me yet!!) so I know what it is like. we have our eyes tested next week, perhaps i will get some upmarket glasses for a change! Great sketch and goodness you did have to wait.

Alison said...

Wonderful sketch of the old lady - and so nice to have caught her grumblings too.

Jane LaFazio said...

I love the eye doctor machine! very rube-golberg ish!