Friday, December 26, 2008

December views, day 26

We're some pretty happy campers around here.
My fabulous sister sent me these gorgeous fabrics for Christmas, from talented Australian textile designers Hollabee, Pippijoe and Lara Cameron. Mmmm, yummy. They are mostly fat quarters, with a couple of half metres. What shall I do with them?

The whole family's gone crazy over my new macro lens, as you can see:

Finally, I have to present you with an up-close food shot. These were a big hit at yesterday's feast, so I thought I'd share the recipe too.
Super Simple Ricotta Chive Mini Tarts
2 sheets bought pie pastry
250g ricotta
50g grated tasty or cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons finely snipped chives
2 eggs, lightly beaten
Mini muffin baking tray
1. Preheat oven to 210°C. Cut 2" rounds of pastry and place in lightly greased baking tray holes.
2. Mix together the two cheeses, eggs and chives in a bowl. Spoon some into each case. Bake for 10-15 minutes until pastry and cheese are golden.
Serve hot or cold.

No comments: