Thursday, August 10, 2006

August 10


It may not be pretty, but it's today's creative effort.

I woke up still feeling bleah. I didn't have to go to work today, which left me at a loose end. Uninspired, unmotivated, I tried going back to bed after Josh left but even that was unproductive.

Then the kindness of two readers of this blog really lifted my spirits. Alison, who lives in the same city as my mother, offered to pick flowers from her father's garden and hand-deliver them to Mum in hospital. And Agnes from Canada sent me a long, comforting, informative email about her experiences with family members who have suffered strokes. Suddenly I lost my bleahs, and was ready to work.

A few days ago I bought Saving Dinner's first Mega Menu-Mailer, and this afternoon I shopped for, and prepared, 22 meals. Here they all are in my freezer. They aren't cooked, just prepped. The web site says it takes about 2 hours to prep these meals, but it took me over four and a half, and my legs are TIRED from all that standing.

But it's a good tired. Better than the bleah tired that had been weighing me down for the last two days. Thank you, my friends, for reaching out to me in kindness. I will pay it forward.

2 comments:

Julie Oakley said...

I bet you walked a couple of miles back and forth from one counter to the next. You're right, exhaustion from doing things is better. It must be so very hard for you being far away. Personally, just before their eighteenth birthdays, I'm going to have chains made for each of my children so that the furthest they can get away from home is the town centre! ;)

suzanne cabrera said...

Twenty-two meals...that's a masterpiece.