Tuesday, August 08, 2006

August 8


I got up this morning to an email from Australia saying that Mum has had a major stroke and is in hospital. I spoke with sister, who gave me the story to date. At first I was calm and resigned; I know that Mum is old and frail and will die soon. Josh called me after he left the house to check that I was feeling OK, and I said yes, of course ... but now it's hitting me. I want to see my mother while she's ALIVE! I don't want her to be stretched out in a coffin the next time I see her. I haven't said good-bye!

Someone once told me that when you marry someone from another country, it gets really tough when your parents get old and ill. I'm feeling that now. I don't want to be so far away from Mum and Dad. I envy Alison who is spending time every day with her aged mother.

I am sad.

5 comments:

Julie Oakley said...

Oh dear God I can’t believe it. I’m thinking of you.

Penny said...

Oh Hashi, not another one of us with mother problems. Can you come home at all? I am sending lots of calming vibes (I hope)

Alison said...

Oh, Hashi, I am sad for you too? Births, deaths and marriages are hard times for split families. Is there anything I can do - here on the spot. Would you like me to deliver some garden flowers somewhere - my father has lots in his garden and loves picking them for people - nowwhere is far in Canberra - or anything else? Do let me know. You've done a lovely drawing.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your Mum, Hashi. I am sending love and healing light your way.

Your drawings are gorgeous!

Rachel

Jana Bouc said...

This is a beautiful drawing with a lot of feeling in it. I'm sorry about your mum's stroke and how far apart you are. I'm so grateful I was able to be with my dad in his last week and that we were able to say good-bye, sad as it was. I send my best wishes for healing and love for your family.