Wednesday, July 14, 2010

July 14

Summer has finally come to Southern California. I live on the hot side of town, but I work on the cool. So I didn't feel the heat till I got home at 8:30pm to a house with broken air-conditioning on a 90° (32°C) evening. Oh joy. It was working fine yesterday. Not surprisingly, the AC repair dude hasn't returned our call yet. I'm sure he's swamped.

After work I visited the Urban Craft Center where April Winchell of Regretsy fame was making a guest appearance. She is funny and not nearly as snarky as you might think. By her own admission, she just says out loud what everyone else is thinking. She has a genuine love of the off-beat and quirky, as evidenced by her slides showing the 'treasures' in her home. I really liked her ... she seemed the kind of person I'd want as a friend.

No comments: