Saturday, May 13, 2006

May 13


Just back from a sketchcrawl at the L.A. Zoo with my drawing pals from Southern California Drawing Room. Drawing animals is HARD! I could use the fact that they move around a lot as an excuse, but really it's just my lack of experience with animal models. Anyway, this baby giraffe obliged by standing at attention for quite a long time, so I am somewhat pleased with this sketch. I took lots of photos throughout the day so will be practicing more over the next days and weeks.

If you're in Southern California and you like to draw, please consider joining our yahoo group and coming along to future sketchcrawls. We have one planned in three weeks to San Juan Capistrano.

5 comments:

Sunday Afternoons said...

That's a very nice sketch of Mr. Giraffe. I'm going to sign up this very moment.

Sue Seibert said...

Great giraffe!

Teri said...

Great giraffe and so well done!

Linda T said...

I love drawing at the zoo. Your giraffe is good. You really captured his face--that mildly indifferent look.

Willie Baronet said...

I really like the comment "too long" on this one. :-)