Tuesday, May 02, 2006

May 2


I finished my new top this morning. The old hippie in me is alive and kicking :-)


I visited my friend Romy in hospital* this afternoon, then left my car there and walked up to Target to buy some socks. This amble, along a busy road and under the freeway, did not inspire me artistically, so after dinner I retuned to the Hidden Chateau and took some photos in the gloaming.

*Australians say "in hospital", not "in the hospital". It never sounded weird till I'd lived in the U.S. for a few years. Now I admit it sounds like there's a word missing. But, never a subscriber to the "When in Rome ..." philosophy, I persist in my Aussie-isms. It's part of who I am.

8 comments:

Felicity Grace said...

We say in hospital in the UK too. Funny because the Americans leave out other things like when we say 'on Tuesday' they just say Tuesday - puts my teeth on edge!!
Love the top, but then I just love all things batik :) !

Alison said...

The top suits you very well. I think it sounds funny when Anmericans say they're going to 'write' someone.

Julie Oakley said...

'Pocketbook' where did that come from? Gorgeous top.

Anonymous said...

I like the top mum, nice work

Anonymous said...

Do you remember when we used to write to each other weekly about our sewing creations? You have inspired me again.

Did you also notice that you have a blog reader from my home town?

Anonymous said...

Love the top Hashi. And you're looking great, by the way. Positively glowing...

Lindsay said...

You look so pretty in your new top. How did you make it? Did you paint it your self. Lovely colors!

Hashi said...

Lindsay, I didn't batik or dye the fabric myself; I bought it like that (though I DID dye the material for the bag shown a few days earlier). The pattern is Simplicity 4353 if anyone's interested!
Thank you for the compliments, everyone :-)