Thursday, May 04, 2006

May 4


I thought Romy was coming home from hospital today, so I walked to her house (3000 steps) to lend her a book. I learned, when I got there, that her neurosurgeon decreed this morning that she should stay under his supervision for a few days longer. Poor Romy; she's going stir crazy in that place.

On the way home I drew more plants on fences -- do I have a theme going here? This time it's nasturtiums, of which I am very fond. I love their colours, their brash rampant growth, and the pungent, peppery leaves, shaped like Lisa Simpson's hair when new, but rounding out as they grow.

3 comments:

Alison said...

I love the shape of the leaves. Mine have been plagued with cabbage white butterflies this year and are now getting to flower after the first frost has hit.

MD said...

Thisis just so lovely. I love the line work. Also love your new top and your new bag. You are very creative.
MD

Julie Oakley said...

The other thing I love about nasturtiums is that they are foolproof if you want a child to plant a seed and see something grow.