Saturday, May 20, 2006

May 20


My colleague on this press check was nearly carjacked at 2 a.m. this morning on his return to the factory. It was right down the road; four guys in a red car pulled up very close beside him at the light, then pulled in front of him, stopped, and piled out of their car. Bob had the presence of mind to put his foot to the floor, swerve around them, and leave the scene at high speed. He was, of course, EXTREMELY rattled when he got here. When the police arrived they said that the perpetrators had just committed an armed robbery at a gas station down the road, and were probably looking to switch vehicles.

It's all very disturbing. So I've decided to stay put here at the printer's until the job's over. No visit home for me this evening. Uploading my latest sketch will have to wait till tomorrow, when I'm home with my scanner.

Addendum next day: Home and safe. 65 hours work in four days ... whew!

2 comments:

Julie Oakley said...

How scary. And how fortunate your colleague was so quick witted. You have my sympathy putting up with being away from home and feeling anxious.

Alison said...

Yes, very scary