Sunday, January 23, 2011

In the gloaming

My friend Romina emailed me recently, saying, "i miss your face, i miss your accent, i miss your warm hugs and yummy food and i miss looking into your fabulous green eye and light brown eye! maybe we can come over for dinner some time next week or during the weekend?" Yes yes yes. She came tonight, bringing her substitute boyfriend Jason (the real boyfriend was busy); some last minute ring-ins meant there were nine of us around the table. It was so good to have a Sunday Dinner again. We waxed nostalgic about 2009, when nearly every Sunday evening brought guests to our table. Part of me misses them. The other part is glad that I can now spend Sundays somewhere other than the kitchen.

This evening, in the midst of food prep, the magical light through the kitchen window drew me out into the gloaming, camera in hand.
In the gloaming
In the gloaming

I always loved that Girl Guide campfire song:
Fire's burning, fire's burning
Draw nearer, draw nearer
In the gloaming, in the gloaming
Come sing and be merry.


Ah yes. Life is good :-)

No comments: